margin:100px;

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The fates conspire against me

After the excitement of spending five days filming with one of the most well-known actors in film, I come down to earth with a bump as I realise that I may have missed my chance to ask my favourite film crew guy out on a date. The first two days of filming were disappointing as he wasn't on set, but this was immediately forgotten as I signed in on Monday morning to find him at the table. He got up and shook my hand with a smile, remembering my name thank god, and we spent the next two days chatting in between takes. I was so damn scared to ask him out (fearing that he is not single, and I would therefore embarrass the two of us by asking) that I resolved on Tuesday evening to give him a note at the end of Wednesday's filming, with my phone number and e-mail address, leaving it up to him as to whether to contact me or not. Only to come in this morning and find that he wasn't on set. Gutted is an understatement......

So now I have his full name and the rough location where he lives in Vancouver, and I also checked for a wedding ring. But other than that I am not much further forward, since I don't have his e-mail address, phone number or home address. I am kicking myself for not doing something on Monday or Tuesday, but when there are 449 other people around you you don't get much chance to be private. It wouldn't matter if he was an extra, but an extra asking a film crew guy out is kind of like going above your station in life, and it might be frowned upon if done publically. Not to mention that I'd embarrass the crap out of the guy if he was married or had a girlfriend and had to explain this to me. Or indeed if he didn't like me enough to go on a date with me.

Damn my reticence!!! I am resorting to seeing if he is working with us on Sunday, and if he isn't then I am entrusting the aforementioned note (in envelope, away from prying eyes) to the main wrangler who has been working with us. I don't know her well, but she's a very nice woman with kids, happy and jolly, and the sort of person who would be happy to pass a note on without getting all curious. Indeed she might have the film guy's phone number or e-mail, which would be even better.

It was good to see him for two days, but I'm pissed off that I didn't take my chance to find out once and for all if he is attached. Is it not to be? :o( And can I really be this desperate to ask the guy out after meeting him three times? Answers on a postcard please, addressed to 'Gutted of Vancouver'.

PS. Even though I know his first and last names now, and his rough location in Vancouver, the guy remains stubbornly un-googlable and un-people finderable. Chance and fate suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats