margin:100px;

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Curiosity made the cat edgy

I've been quite busy over the past few days, what with my computer work, filming Supernatural (being a religious nut in a revival tent in a field), going to a sex party (ooer), finally managing to start getting some temping work at UBC and doing a Marker certification course at SFU which now allows me to get a $2/hr pay raise and mark the exams once we've invigilated them. I've also been out to dinner twice in two days (with female friends, before anyone gets mildly excited) and have seen Jarhead at the cinema. Despite some mixed reviews, I thought it was a really good film, with the right mixture of funny and upsetting. I've ranted about the lack of available men in Vancouver on a forum and so far received nearly 70 e-mails from guys, although the ones I am contacting will be in single figures. I need to clean my room up and it's shitty weather today. And I've got Jimmy Eat World songs on repeat, though luckily on my headphones so I'm not pissing any of my housemates off.

With the advent of Christmas, and my flight home nearing, I am wondering about people I haven't seen for a long time. Fate has thankfully thrown my vacation in at the same time as Shaw's, so we can meet up in England and see each other, and I've contacted a couple of other people to ask when they're around. The trouble is that I am too soft-hearted and I want to make sure that everyone I know is ok, even when I really shouldn't contact some of them to preserve my sanity. I've been very good this year - after coming back from England in March I vowed not to contact two guys any more in order to save myself more heartache, and since then I haven't e-mailed them, asked for news of them or read their blogs. Not bad for 9 months. But of course now that I'm going to be in the same country as them (I assume, since I don't know where they are) I want to know that they are alive, well, happyish and gainfully occupied. Well actually I'd like one of them to turn up at my door with Christmas presents for me, but whatever ;o)

The point is that I know I should still not contact them, since it probably can't do any good, but I hate not knowing how they are. It's getting harder to resist the urge to contact them..... but then I guess if I manage not to do it even when I'm in England, there must be some sort of completed therapy bonus, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats