margin:100px;

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Still alive

I suppose I should qualify the last post by reassuring everyone that I am still alive, etc etc. I just got back to Vancouver to find a $1500 bill for car repairs on my desk, sent by my insurance company, after some stupid bint managed to run into me before Christmas. My car has but a scratch on it, and she was playing silly buggers in the road, but since she was on a main road and I only on a side road, and since nobody bothered to stop and be my witness, I have to pay the bill. Or have my insurance go up from -10% to +40%, which will cripple me over the next three years rather than crippling me all at once. Marvellous.

Anyway, I have just about recovered from the stress, after a good old fashioned cry, 12 hours of sleep, and the cancellation of my fitness classes to get some much-needed money back, so let us move on. Thanks to everyone who accommodated me in England, especially Greg for his mattress-lending and Sarah for her cooking. I had a fab time and really wasn't that impressed about coming back here, but at least it gets less heart-wrenching every time I do it. And the parents didn't cry at the airport this time, so it was good. I saw my marvellous ex-boyfriend Oli, who scared me somewhat by initially appearing all grown up and lawyery, but thankfully remaining the same fab person he always was underneath. And of course I have acquired a new reader, so that's always good. I like to inflict my crap on as many people as possible.

I also went through wedding photos from Jeannine and Oli's big day (the friends that I managed to kick up the arse and get together a couple of years ago), met some of my forensic coursemates and had typically ghoulish conversations, and mended bridges with Neil after apologising for being a bitch last year. Christmas is always good for burying hatchets, as long as they're not in anyone's heads. I attempted Trof chocolate cake and the Oriental buffet - failing miserably at both - and bought far too many sale items to bring back in my suitcases without worrying that they were going to explode. But it all worked out fairly well, I think. There were some good times. Now I just need to pay my car bill, earn some money, get over to Boston to see Shaw and Dan, and convince everyone else to come over here and see me. My evil machinations roll on. Or something.

2 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

Good old ICBC, the lovely nature of most Vancouverites, and that fucking bitch.
What a bloody scam, you'd think the insurance company would at least want you to have your car inspected at a provincial auto collision centre to see if the damages she claimed were warranted. I've seen this happen before so unfortunately you aren't the first victim and won't be the last. I'm sorry the new year in Canada wasn't off to a great start, but things have got to look up right? I am aiming for a late spring/early summer visit, will you likely be around then?

8:20 p.m.  
Blogger Greg said...

Are you still still alive?

7:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats