margin:100px;

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Semantics

I am sure I am echoing a past post of someone else here, so I apologise, as I am far less eloquent than them. But listening to the Charlie Mars CD today led to thoughts about how bizarre words are. One of the songs that I particularly like has the confusing lines:

You want to hear some truth
Truth is I'm so damn good at lying

Which sounds rather like the person who is singing the song is a right git, until you realise that the next line is:

Here with you

And then it all becomes clear. I kind of like that. Stop the song prematurely, and you're left with a bad impression; stick with it, and suddenly your perception of the singer totally changes.

I am sure there should be some moral or deep thought to come out of this, but like I said, I'm not that eloquent. Deep thoughts are welcome from others though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats