margin:100px;

Friday, December 30, 2005

A new year cometh

And today I broke my resolution of last year. Not bad really, with one day left in 2005, but I was suddenly overcome with Christmas cheer and Christmas-time guilt, so I had to. I was very restrained though, and only broke it moderately. Yes I know, I talk shite. Ignore me. If I only give in once per year, I'll be doing well :o)

Thankfully my MP3 player turned up today, nicely black and shiny and in working order. The journey back on the plane will hopefully not be quite so hellish as the one here was, now that I have music. Some of it is still in Vancouver on my computer, but having left a lot of my cds here I can now rip them onto my dad's laptop (I'm not sure he's that pleased about this) and get them on the MP3 player. I'm like a kid with a new toy - "ooh, look, it's got touchy-feely buttons!"

New Year's Eve threatens tomorrow in its usual way, and I still have nothing to do for it. I've been trying to insinuate to friends that I might be bored at home by myself, without actually telling my parents that I'll be bored staying in with them. The hope that someone somewhere might contact me and invite me out seems to be fading fast! It's not that I mind being at home with my parents, but I'm kind of itching to get down the pub, hang out with some good old fashioned drunk people and watch everyone get shit-faced. Sadly in a little village such as mine, where anyone with any sense has long departed, this isn't going to happen. *Sigh* I have become boring in my old age.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Reen said...

My philosophy is, there is always Chinese New Year. I don't really know what you're supposed to do for Chinese New Year, except clean the house the week before (and you know I hate that), so I figure, it's the perfect time to do any of the stuff you weren't able to do on New Years Eve. In your case, go out and watch people get shit faced. I suggest Wild Garlic, drinks at prices I approve of and tapas that I think Gilles will approve of. Now we just need to find a crowd with a similar philosophy.

2:42 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

You know, that sounds like a good plan to me. I haven't made it to Wild Garlic yet, despite your recommending it, so I think we should definitely go. I'm sure Martha will be up for cleaning the house.....and I'm itching to have a go at making the pool table less beer covered. When is Chinese New Year again?

3:11 a.m.  
Blogger Reen said...

It's an early one this year. January 29th. And apparently this year will be the year of the Dog.

12:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats