margin:100px;

Monday, October 18, 2004

Regrets? I've had a few.

Too much time to think is bad.....

Things I regret:
Not getting a job before coming over here, and not organising my time in England well enough beforehand
Not telling the people I love/d that I love/d them before leaving
Spending too much time stuck in a rut and believing it was the rest of my life
My temporary lack of morals in my gap year

Having sent an e-mail to the wrong person, in the midst of the above trauma
Buying frivolous things at Uni which I then had to throw away to move here (mini fridge!)
Being idealistic and perpetually blind (by choice) to reality
Not buying a winning lottery ticket - in either country
Never getting round to doing courses in; sign language, massage, counselling, singing
Coming to Canada

Things I don't regret:
My University choices, both academic and in terms of location
Being reckless in the face of hopelessness
Coming to Canada
Getting a tattoo

Having had the experience(s?) of being in love
Having bought this laptop
Loving chocolate

Hmm, how is it the case that there are more regrets than non-regrets? I guess what I need to do is win the lottery, do all the courses I want to do with the money I've earned, fly all the people I love over here, and buy all the frivolous things back. However, I fear my idealism, job situation and general love of avoiding reality are not that likely to change for some time.

Anyone reading this who wants to offer me a job in forensics in Vancouver, donate a large amount of money to my good cause, teach me sign language or declare their undying love for me, leave a post. No? I thought not....

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

The number of regrets and non-regrets isn't the issue. You'd need to assign each of them a points value first... and then you could see.

You being a girl, the fact that chocolate is in the non-regret column could well outweigh everything in the regret column.

6:34 a.m.  
Blogger nmrboy said...

can we have a photo of the tattoo?

x

9:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats