margin:100px;

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Our house

A thought; I have actually told you, dear reader, nothing whatsoever about where I live. Other than that it is in Vancouver. Which, whilst being fairly specific in the grand scheme that is Canada, tells you nothing about the area or whether I am existing in a cardboard box. I hasten to add that this is not, yet, the case.

As the weather is fab today I am cheered by the appearance of our block. I live in a basement flat on West 36th Ave, about as central as you can get in Greater Vancouver (so getting anywhere by bus is theoretically easy, but lengthy). Although I am halfway down the street, the top of our block is one of the highest points in Vancouver, so the view from the end of our road is fantastic - facing north, over to Grouse Mountain and West and North Vancouver, via the bay. I share my flat with Denise, who hails from Ontario (due to me being slack, I do not yet know where exactly) and the landlady and her husband live upstairs with two cats; one is massive and the other has a kink in its tail (strangely familiar). The flat is relatively small, and quite dark, but well equipped thanks to Denise's love for Ikea, and it is really quite nice. A block to the south is Point Grey high school, which means lots of kids, but luckily they all live the other side of Kerrisdale (the community where I live) and so don't come down our road. Though wait until it is Halloween in a few weeks, god help us.

Today I took a bus downtown, which is becoming rather a habit, and went to Stanley Park, my favourite place in Vancouver. I also took some pictures, which you can see below. I worked out how to get them onto the blog, but have not yet got my head round getting them into the midst of the words, so yes, I am a spack. But it's better than nothing. And bear in mind that my camera is a shoddy little thing with no pixels, so they're not bad pictures considering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats