margin:100px;

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Baseball mark 2

Well, the Canadians won tonight, by a landslide, but the management decided to go mad and give everyone free tickets for tomorrow afternoon anyway. I may just go.

This evening's match was much more beer-fuelled than last night's, and I was near the token group of guys getting drunk and shouting well mannered abuse. It was very entertaining. I also bought a veggie dog and some mint choc chip ice cream in a plastic baseball helmet, to really get into the spirit of things. Tonight's National Anthem nearly rivalled last night's for sheer stupidity, although it was nowhere near as good musically speaking. However, it takes just as much believing. Hold your breath people. Tonight's anthem was sung by...... Ronald McDonald. I love this country!!

And can anyone tell me why we sing "Take me out to the ballgame" in the middle of the seventh inning? Apart from the fact that we all seem to be totally mad?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Take me out to the ballgame' has become the traditional theme song of the 7th inning stretch; I think all the different ballparks used to make their own decisions about what to play, but now everyone plays that, probably because it's about baseball and it's easy to sing.

8:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats