margin:100px;

Monday, July 11, 2005

And just to qualify that....

Of course it's a man issue. Isn't it always? Well, either that or my lack of a job. No offence to the men out there, but I do find it hard to work you out sometimes, and I'm a bloody Psychology graduate. I'm sure you all have the same problem with me. But I find it slightly confusing that at 26, which you would think is a pretty sensible age, I can't manage to find a guy who isn't a commitment-phobe or doesn't want to just sleep with lots of girls because they can. Sigh. Of course this is free choice, and maybe if I had queues of people lining up to sleep with me then perhaps I would think that it was a good idea to be free and easy, but somehow the idea doesn't appeal to me. Not that having some fun wouldn't be, well - fun - but I have little energy to expend on things that are doomed to go nowhere nowadays. They do say that opposites attract, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.....

On a completely different note, I am often heard by people in Vancouver to be ranting about the inability of the Weather Network to get weather reports right more than a few hours in advance. We'll see how they do with this one - for next Monday, the 18th July, they have the weather down as being sunny and 35 degrees. Yes, you read that right, 35 degrees. Watch this space as that gets revised to 10 degrees and pissing rain over the next week.

I have rediscovered the joys of Vertical Horizon. It seems they've done some damn good stuff since I last bought one of their albums some long time ago. Other more random aquisitions over the last few days include Credence Clearwater's 'Bad Moon Rising', Scarlet with 'Independent Love Song' which I remember buying the single of when I was rather younger, 'Whoa Black Betty Bamalam' (by Lynyrd Skynyrd?) and 'I'd Really Love To See You Tonight' which I never knew was by people called England Dan and John Ford Coley. Well I think there is a Barry Manilow version, but I've steered clear of that.

Oh, I survived the Sea Vancouver festival in once piece. And I saw Burt Reynolds yesterday. The words 'perma-tan' and 'botox' came to mind immediately, as well as 'yellow' and 'plastic'. He can probably sue me for that. But it was true........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BURT REYNOLDS!!

6:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, they're not very good at their weather forecasts - last thursday they gave tomorrow's forecast as 26 degrees and sunny - but today it's rain, rain, and more rain.

Maybe they should just always keep the forecasts "sunny with cloudy periods and a 50% chance of rain"

When is summer going to get here? Or did we have that in those couple crazy nice weeks in February?

6:56 a.m.  
Blogger D. said...

Are you sure the person wasn't looking at Ontario on the map, because I can tell you it was a disgusting 35 degrees here today. Our weatherman even had the nerve to say there would be 'SLIGHT RELIEF' on Friday with a temperature of 34 degrees. All these numbers do not include Humidex either. *sob*

6:59 p.m.  
Blogger Greg said...

Shaw, in Chess notation that ought to have been 'BURT REYNOLDS!?' That's code for possibly brilliant, probably unsound.

;)

8:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats