margin:100px;

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Like Mike - again

So on Friday I went to the first day of filming for Like Mike 2 - which basically meant that I could spend the day hanging around in the sun eating and get paid for it. Which is always good. Filming started at 9:30am (a decent time for once) and we finished at 9:15pm, so it was quite a long day, but it was entertaining. I was in a summer dress, so it was lovely when the sun was out and slightly cold during the two minor downpours that we had during the course of the day. However Michael Jordan turned up in the morning, and Clyde (spelling?) Drexler in the afternoon, so it was nice to see them. The main child actors were entertaining if slightly annoying, and the main male actor was cute and from a dance show over here called '360' - he was also extremely amusing and we cocked up quite a lot of takes because we were laughing at him so much. Some cunning person put the Kraft services tent right next to the Extras Holding tent and kept supplying it with food, so I spent the whole day eating Strawberry laces, which were meant to be for the kids, and consuming large quantities of granola bars. It was fab. I won't fit in my bikini now though :o)

The minor problem was that despite putting Factor 50 all over me, I managed to miss a small strip across my back, which is now bright red, and strangely in the shape of the Batman symbol. Let's hope that in our bikini filming tomorrow they don't film my back. Good excuse for me to spend the day lying down on the beach....

Yesterday I went to the orientation day for the Sea Vancouver Festival to meet my volunteer crew, although not many of them came. I guess when you get an e-mail saying you're working in the Parking department, you lose heart. Although if they actually read the e-mail, they would see that we have nothing to do with parking, but whatever. I'd be pissed off too! So now I have to spend the next week ringing people, sorting out details and organising schedules for all my volunteers. It's going to be a toughie.

In other excitement, our pool is being fixed as we type!! Apparently it will be filled and cleaned next week and ready for use by the weekend. Roll on summer!!

Off to belly dancing and 'Greek Day' downtown.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats