margin:100px;

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Star Wars

I gave in and went to see it last night at the Oakridge Centre. It was one of those evenings where you need the company of other people, but you can't be arsed to talk to any of them - the cinema is the perfect solution. I spent the day chasing bits of furniture with Christie at Ikea and then constructing them, scoffing ice cream sundaes and marvelling the fact that the car made it home with all our purchases. So in the evening I drove out to the cinema at 10pm and went to see Episode III.

What can I say? I'm not a big fan of the first (second?) trilogy, since I think the original three were vastly superior in almost every way, but this third episode redeemed itself after the crapness of the first and second episodes at least. The love story was slightly less sketchy, and although the first twenty/thirty minutes bored me half to death, when Anakin finally gave in and became Darth Vader things got much better. And thank god we finally found out why the hell Yoda spends his life hiding in a small crappy swamp before Luke Skywalker comes along. Hayden Christiansen seems to have morphed into a pretty good looking bloke now (how young is he, am I cradle snatching?) and he seemed to be more comfortable with this lot of acting than he was in Episode II. All in all, it was a decent way to spend an evening.

Today it's raining like a bugger, I haven't done any work, and I have just bought some cinnamon buns from the IGA. At least I now have all the furniture I need! And we have belly dancing later :o) always good for injecting a bit of mystique into your life....

A final note: the guy next door gets bonus points for putting on "Two Steps Behind" on repeat and working out how to play it on his guitar, singing along as he went. I don't think he knew I was singing to it as well in my room!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be a coincidence, because Denise and I saw Star Wars, Episode III Saturday night as well. Weird. :P

9:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats