margin:100px;

Friday, May 20, 2005

Because I'm bored

Things I love about Vancouver:
- In every bar/club/restaurant I've been in, no matter what time we've been there, there is always toilet paper in the ladies toilets. ALWAYS!!
- Everything is cheap, so you can buy more.
- Although it's annoying, I find it funny that gasoline can be a certain price when you go past a petrol station on the bus, then half an hour later when you go the other direction, it's 10cents cheaper.
- One dollar is called a loonie, and two dollars is a toonie.
- Pedestrians do actually wait for the white man to flash before they cross the road.
- You can get cinnamon buns for 59cents in the IGA, and they're fantastic.
- There are hundreds of cable channels.
- My rent for a room in a house with a hot tub and swimming pool over here is the same as my rent for one crappy room in a dirty student house in Bradford.
- X-Men 3 starts filming here soon, and I think Hugh Jackman is rather attractive.
- Bars are non-smoking.

Things I don't love about Vancouver:
- Everything is cheap, so I buy more of it and don't save any money.
- Pedestrians have the right of way, which is damn annoying when you have to get anywhere in a car.
- When it rains, it rains for days on end.
- No-one wants to look at my resume.
- Even though there are hundreds of cable channels, there is crap on most of them most of the time.
- The minimum wage is $8 in BC, which compared to other provinces is good, but because I still convert everything back to GBP, it seems like nothing to me.
- Getting to other countries is obscenely expensive, and I can't just nip over to Paris for a weekend.
- Football (soccer) is on at stupid times of the morning because the Premiership is 8 hours ahead of us.

I was going to put a Google map of my new house here, but then I thought better of it, since that is basically showing my location and my exact address to anyone who cares to burgle me. But when I send you all my new address, you can Google Map it (I'm sure you can't wait), and even better, Google Satellite it. There is some nice woodland lurking nearby, as well as the Indian reserve down the road. As opposed to the Google Satellite of our current house, where all you can see is the cloud that was around when they took the picture..........

Best thing of the day: The commercial for the new Star Wars film, which consisted of a lot of the best scenes from the film, with the Tagline "SITH HAPPENS.........."

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I was really impressed by the new Star Wars film, thinking that the special effects were ropy a couple of times, but that the script and acting were fine. Which seems wrong, somehow.

But more importantly, the white man flashes?

4:34 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, he's not green here, he's white. Don't ask me why.....

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Greg said...

By the way, are you doing that fake pretending to be offline thing on Messenger? Because I do that too, and it worries me that if we all play that game we'll never talk to each other.

Mind you, I'd probably get more work done that way! Bed for me now, mind.

5:11 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

No, I'm just not on messenger any more! I don't believe in being online if you're offline and can't talk to anyone - what's the point in being online at all??!

10:51 p.m.  
Blogger Greg said...

That's fair enough; I've been lurking on messenger a fair bit lately as a way of getting more work done; I only talk to people I really want to, now. I've found that people tend not to take 'busy' seriously.

;)

9:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats