margin:100px;

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Actions and reactions

I kep meaning to post, but never actually remember to do so until I've turned my computer off at the end of the day. However, this morning I have been woken up by the builder, who decided to start work on the deck at 7:20am (I think he's behind schedule and panicking) so I am up early.

In brief, my week has been hectic. After Keane last Tuesday night, I had loads of work sent to me the next day, and indeed the one after that. Our landlords went away, so there was a lot of washing of clothes done, since we'd been saving it up for a good few weeks, and then on Friday I went to SFU to meet Sunshine for lunch. My little car barely made it up the mountain (and apparently it is actually classified as a mountain) but it was nice to lok around the Uni and consider it as a possible workplace/further studying place. The weekend was full of more work, handing over a deposit on my new room, checking the car's brakes and duct taping stuff back together, and taking my friends out to dinner for checking the car over and being generally nice people. And my second belly dancing course. I'm getting the hang of it now, and it seems to be doing wonders for my back ache and hopefully will also do wonders for the stomach....

Monday was a bad day - I woke up to a lot of work, and my mouse wouldn't function. Denise and I went to London Drugs to get another one, which promptly refused to work when I got it home, so I had to take it back and get yet another one. Whilst parking my car had a small argument with a concrete pillar (I really need to get a right hand wing mirror....), after which thankfully the car came off as the winner, but the pillar left a small mark of remembrance to really piss me off. That was not an enjoyable day....

On Tuesday I had a meeting with my Emergency Social Services team and an exercise with another team. Our team is on call for the month of June, so if there is a fire, a gas explosion, the end of the world etc. we get called out to support the fire department and the police. No matter what the time of day or night. So I must remember to put my cell phone on at night, since I don't think my new roommates will be happy about answering the house phone at 4am.

Yesterday I had an interview for a job that I didn't want, in a place that I didn't want to work (sales job, in New Westminster) but I went along anyway for the experience. Then I got back to find that while I was out (typical) someone from UBC had phoned to ask me about another job. So I rang her back and she gave me a phone interview, prior to face to face interviews being done next week. She said she'd ring me on Tuesday, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I seemed to have everything she was looking for, but you never know, so do about ten other people probably. At least I have people finally calling me about my resume, as opposed to chucking it in the bin :o) I then went to the doctor and had a mole taken off my neck - strangely painless, so god knows how they did it. And then more work, and then Denise and I gave in to takeaway Indian food.

So, dear reader, you can see why I haven't been posting - it has all been fairly mundane, apart from the possible job on the horizon. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get dressed and shout at the builder for waking us up so early.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

The last sentence suggests that some naked blogging was taking place, but anyhow...

(I had something more important to say, but I've forgotten. Unless it was to wish you luck in the interviews. In which case, good luck.)

4:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats