margin:100px;

Monday, April 18, 2005

Update on sogginess

So the carpet is less soggy now, but the bad side is - it stinks. It has that horrible musty smell that you get when you get something wet and then it doesn't dry for a good few days. It's stopped getting wetter, because we've had a bloody great industrial dryer going since Saturday morning, which is cunningly blowing the nasty smell around the house, meaning that our once smell-free bedrooms are now threatened by the invasion of mould as well. We need a dehumidifyer, since the house is horribly humid. However, there was some relief in the form of 1) the plumber and 2) the carpet restorer, who made appearances one afer the other this afternoon. The plumber replaced a faulty washer (it's always the little things that cause big mishaps) and the carpet man promised to come by tomorrow and chemically nuke the mildew, meaning that for a couple of hours we'll have a chemical smell, but then after that it should be no more mustiness. And then comes the carpet shampoo, to make everything smell wonderful again - or at least less skanky.

Today I've scoffed gelato and a cookie, after trying to be really healthy this morning and eating bananas. I've also done some work, and.......well that's about it really. I run the half marathon in less than two weeks, and I've done bugger all towards it. I don't think I've been running for about a week and a half. This is slightly disconcerting, but my laziness doesn't allow me to get too het up about it. I mean hey, I can always walk half the damn thing, and it will still be good exercise. The good news is that I think I heard the landlords saying they were going away for a period of about two weeks, coinciding with my run. So I may be able to sneak upstairs and use their bath to have a good soak in :o) not having a shower sucks!

In other news, Denise has started constructing a "Things to do in May before leaving BC" list. I dread to think how many things are on it - I think we'll be busy every day! I look forward to doing some crazy stuff though, including this.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Venessa said...

I had this happen once...make sure you steam clean the carpets with anti-microbial soap or at least spray them with lysol. If not, it's going to be gross for a long long time.

7:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spilled a drink in my room some nights back and I immediately rushed to get some tissues, that carpet smell can be a killer! Lol.

10:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to that rodeo!
It looks like things have been spruced up in the intervening 18 years, however.
Sx

7:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats