margin:100px;

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rashness

So over the past two days I've had some hideous rash that's slowly been creeping up my body, and is now covering my neck. It kind of itches, but I feel fine otherwise (well, other than last night's stomach ache after going to Surrey, meeting Sunshine and eating far too many stuffed mushrooms with crab and cream cheese). If it starts to blight my face I may well run screaming to the doctors, but otherwise I just assume it's an allergic reaction to something and ignore it.

After being passed the music baton by Dan earlier, I realised that my music collection is piss poor compared to other people's (in part due to the fact that I couldn't be bothered to record all my albums onto the computer before I left England) so I am asking for suggestions of bands/people that my readers would recommend to me, so I can broaden my horizons a bit. Denise introduced me to the Arcade Fire, Death Cab For Cutie, Tegan and Sara and The Postal Service over the past few months; Dan was responsible for The Shins; I have MTV to thank for Switchfoot, I discovered The Music are pretty good and I randomly got more Ben Folds Five, Ryan Adams, Five For Fighting, Embrace and John Mayer songs than I had before. I also accidentally downloaded a Nik Kershaw song from many moons back, but that's another story.

So - suggestions please. I have often been described as having "eclectic" music taste (so basically I have lots of good stuff and lots of crap stuff) so anything you suggest (unless it's that band that eats birds and pukes on stage, who wear masks and whose name I can never remember) will probably be suitable. Give this girl a better music collection!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to recommend the late great Elliott Smith, if you like depressing lyrics with pretty, uplifting melodies.

5:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats