margin:100px;

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I know, I'm crap....

So I haven't posted for over a week, although I keep meaning to. So while I am meant to be doing some work, I shall take the time to update, as long as I can remember what the hell I've been doing over the past few days.

There has been some more belly dancing, a fantastic indoor barbecue put on by one of Denise's friends (which was the most gourmet barbecue I have ever been to), lots of work, some tv finale watching, another trip to Seattle (purchases: facial cleanser, dinner at the Olive Garden and a ticket to the Experience Music Project), and then on Wednesday Denise's father, stepmother and sister came over. All of whom are really nice, and I felt like I had known them for a long time. Thursday was Denise's graduation (with the fantastic Raffi as honourary graduate - I grew up with 'The Corner Grocery Store') and a very nice dinner at The Keg on Granville Island, washed down with some celebratory champagne and a boat trip across the water to Denise's parents hotel. Friday brought some frantic last-minute packing of Denise's possessions before the movers came, a trip to Lynn Canyon suspension bridge (amazing) and final errands, prior to another wonderful dinner (I owe Denise's parents big time) at A Kettle Of Fish downtown. On Saturday I worked while Denise went to Whistler, then ate gelato when she came back. Sunday brought the departure of Denise's family, more belly dancing, a quick shower, and the last supper with Denise and her friends before she went back to Toronto. And then on Monday...... I lost Denise for the near future, when she departed at 6am to fly home. Sob..... come back Denise!

After going back to bed briefly on Monday after the trauma (well worth it) of getting up at 4:30am, I faced the prospect of moving myself to the new house. The process took me all day, from 10am until 6pm. I made two car trips with my possessions, went to the dump once with 6 garbage bags (they charge you here!) and dropped off some food at the Food Bank, as well as cleaning out the fridge, cupboard and general crap from inside the old house. Talk about traumatic. I was so tired that after some preliminary floor cleaning, I went to bed at 9pm, and slept for over 12 hours, punctuated only by listening to everyone going to work at 7:30am. So now I am in my new pad, although my crap has yet to be fully unpacked as I have no real furniture, other than a huge desk (no chair) a double futon (very comfy) and two two-drawer chests, one of which doesn't actually open. Lots of floor space, but no storage.....

Today I was meant to do work, but the database wouldn't let me in, so instead I did boring stuff like vacuuming, changing my address, going to the bank, unsuccessfully trawling the Salvation Army store for furniture that would fit in my car, and getting back into messenger conversations. None of which are good for my finances. Ikea comes later in the week, as will a TV purchase, as I am getting withdrawal symptoms already! Oh, and I purchased more concert tickets in honour of Denise, to add to the Sarah Mc Lachlan tickets I have for a week and a half's time - Green Day with Jimmy Eat World in September, and Def Leppard (yes, I know, but they have sentimental value) for August. Pretty much a day of slumming, but I just couldn't bring myself to do more cleaning, even though my room is a dust haven. I bought a dustpan and brush, I'm sure that counts for something.............

Pictures of the house to come when a) it's not raining, b) I have furniture and c) I know my housemates well enough for them not to be freaked out when I go around taking pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats