margin:100px;

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The cable man cometh

And cable is restored, hoorah! Now I just have to cope with the fact that my tv is pink (I think one of the tubes has gone) so everything is in various shades of pink and maroon. Which is more disturbing than I thought it would be. I guess I have the option of black and white, but it's just not as good. Especially if you ever want to watch snooker. I can't really complain, since it is big and free, but I will probably buy one at some point. At least now when Wimbledon comes on I can wake up at 3am and watch some matches!

It's still raining here. However my social life seems to be good, better than I thought it would be after Denise left. How sad that I made all my friends except one through Denise - although I guess it was to be expected with my lack of outside job. I hereby apologise to her for any neediness displayed over the past few months......... this week brings a pot luck party, a gig at Granville Island with some band that Sunshine chatted up at the airport a few months ago, bellydancing and a Sarah McLachlan concert. And a lot of work, boring work, but it pays. I also signed up as a volunteer for the Sea Vancouver festival in July, since I had nothing else to do. I'm trying to persuade them to give me a paid position, so cross fingers.

Today I fought off fake e-mails from both Ebay and PayPal, so it was an interesting day. Both were forwarded to the actual companies, who then sent me e-mails back saying they were nothing to do with them, and that they had in turn forwarded them on to some law enforcement agency or other. Usually I just delete them, but for some reason I was being proactive today. It is rare.

I have a stomach ache, so I am going to curl up and feel sorry for myself, then watch Jeopardy. Because I can!!!

P.S. Ticketmaster Canada just sent me an e-mail, announcing Tom Jones' presence here next week at GM Place. And for a moment, I was tempted to go and have a good laugh. But then at $70, not that tempted. Sorry Tom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats