margin:100px;

Monday, June 13, 2005

The Perishers and Sarah McLachlan

So I have finally been to see Sarah McLachlan, after missing her by a week when I got here in October. It was really good. The show was at GM place, which is pretty big, and we had pretty good seats up in the balcony to the left of the stage. After some wandering one way streets trying to get into a decent parking lot, we finally made it ($15 to park!! They really take the piss). The first band on were called The Perishers, and I have to admit that I had never heard of them, even though they seem to have been touring for ever. I guessed they were from Britain and Christie that they were from BC; we were both wrong. Sweden, of all places. Really good band though, I recommend them. Kind of folk/rock/unexplainable. We both bought the CD ($10, I love the price of music here) and went to get it signed, but the queue was so mega long that we had to go back to our seats for fear of missing Sarah McLachlan.

I was impatient for Sarah McLachlan to do my favourite songs, but they came one after the other near the end of the gig (Stupid - Possession - Sweet Surrender). Sadly Stupid sounded worse live than it did on CD, mainly because the drums and crashing bits weren't dramatic enough. Possession was also a disappointment, as it is meant to be just her and a piano, but for the tour they jazzed it up and made it pop-y. However, Sweet Surrender was just as good as it should have been, so one out of three ain't bad. The rest of the set was really good, and the whole thing went on for ages as it was her last show of the last tour for a while, and she comes from BC. There was an encore and then people started leaving, but us cunning buggers noted that the lights hadn't come back on yet and stayed in our seats. And then lo and behold, she came back out for one more song. Cue a lot of silly people trying to get back into the arena after realising the show wasn't over :o)

Today the weather is actually good, with blue sky and sun. In honour of this, I made myself a fab salad after going to Granville Island and loading up with fresh stuff, including nectarines, mmmmm. So now of course I am going to go and buy myself a big fat doughnut to make up for the lack of crap in my diet. See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats