margin:100px;

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A date with the Rhinos

So there was a change of plan for the 'date day' and The Guy (henceforth referred to as TG - I think I'd better ask him before I put his name in) couldn't get hold of his brother's car to come over to me. So I trundled over to Coquitlam, which is about an hour away (or an hour and a half through the damn roadworks going on in Vancouver) to watch him play ice hockey with his team. There are Molson Mens hockey leagues here, and the Rhinos are in division three of five. They were playing the Tri-City Ice Hawks, who they seemed to have lost to frequently in the past, but after a tightly fought first half the Rhinos came through 10-5. With a nice assist by TG for one goal, I must say.

After the game I gave him a lift back to Maple Ridge with his kit and assorted hockey sticks, then going on to the place he's staying at whilst he finds somewhere else to rent. We watched most of The Big Lebowski and then I was forced to stay overnight because it was pitch black and torrential rain, which I could hardly see in to drive. Even going from the hockey venue to TG's house I had to follow a slow truck because I couldn't see the road myself. So there was no way I was going to be able to find my way back to Vancouver from some random part of Coquitlam in the rain. No crude thoughts, dear readers, it was an entirely innocent decision, made with regard for my safety!

So today I didn't get home until 11am, and have now been confronted by volunteers dropping out left, right and centre for tomorrow's Sea Vancouver festival. Luckily I still have some die-hard fantasticos who are sticking it out. For the next four days I am going to be an emotional wreck and completely exhausted, as I am meant to be on site from about 9am-10:30pm every day. Ok, so this was the case when filming as well, but then I got paid for that..... If I don't post until Sunday, just believe that I am working hard and falling into bed at night without the time to blog. But I'll be thinking of you all!

In summary then, I am optimistic. Watch this space for developments :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats