margin:100px;

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The L-Word

So, Def Leppard was fantastic! The only gig I've been to where everyone was on their feet before the band had even got onto the stage, and everyone was singing along with every song they played. Sad to say, I even knew the ones they sung that weren't actually their songs, but were covers of other people's. It was really interesting to see how the drummer played with one arm, and all the keyboard pedals under the drums that he stamped on (with his bare feet). I admit that it was a little disconcerting to see them all in their 40s, playing songs that I remember from when they were 30, but it was a great concert nevertheless. I was hoarse when I came out, having sung for an hour and a half and cheered in between, but it was worth it....

Sunday afternoon was spent at the PNE in the rain with Sunshine, her two friends and one friend's small children, which frankly was my idea of hell, but I tried to be supportive and went along anyway. The fair at the PNE was full of rides, attractions, random Superdog and pig racing events, and strange parades, which the kids loved and which nearly sent me over the edge, because they played the same music whilst crawling along at a snail's pace. Once I'd heard the song about having fun three times, it was enough to make me throttle someone. But anyway, it was "an experience" as they say.

On Monday I filmed the L-Word with Sunshine's friend Lins, who we'd roped into becoming an extra as well. There were 400 extras there and it was utter chaos, with a lack of food, a lack of time, and absolutely no provision made for everyone wanting to sign out at the same time when we'd finished filming. However, the director was really funny and all the crew were lovely, except for one of the actresses who was a complete drama queen (I don't know which one, cos I don't watch the show, and anyway I wouldn't slander her here for fear that she'd sue me, since she looked the type....). She chewed someone out for something that was completely her fault, whereupon I lost all respect for her. But the day was interesting, if a little lengthy as they tried to get shots right, and I eventually got out of the damn place at 10:15pm, having been waiting for 45 minutes to sign out.

Yesterday brought shopping with Christie, where I ended up with essentials such as an umbrella and toothpaste, as well as a not-so-essential bag, and today I am sitting in front of the tennis. Though I now need to go and have a shower and start work, since I have had 100 forms sent to me to proofread. The weather has been rainy for the past few days, so I think summer has really gone now :o( that sucks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats