margin:100px;

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Too busy to blog

Apologies for the lack of decent blogging recently, but life is getting rather hectic. I've just started temping at UBC, where I'll be for the next two and a half weeks (in the Admissions dept at the Dean of Medicine's office) and each of my Saturdays for the next three weeks are also booked up. It's all getting rather hard to fit in. Last Saturday I was invigilating/marking an exam for SFU, this Saturday I am an election official at the Civic Elections for 14 hours straight, and next week I'm back invigilating and marking an exam for SFU again. In the midst of all this I somehow need to get my car aircared (centres not open on Sundays) and insured (not until it's aircared), buy copious numbers of birthday and Xmas cards, go to the doctors, try and book Coldplay tickets, do some washing (becoming increasingly important) and actually sleep. Oh, and I have 7 hours of computer work to do for my company in England as well. And a meeting about the elections tomorrow, line dance, and a trip to the cinema. Oh Saturday night I want to stay with my friend and take him to the airport on Sunday morning to go back to Montreal, but will I be alive after 14 hours of dealing with voters? Who bloody knows.

On Monday Christie, Emily and I went to see Jason Mraz at the Commodore Ballroom. Despite the disappointment of finding out that James Blunt was not playing in support (rude e-mail sent to Ticketmaster) and that some random girl with a guitar was playing instead (hard to sit through without strangling myself), Jason Mraz was extremely good. He was funny without trying too hard, interactive with the crowd, seemed able to improvise at a moment's notice, gave credit to his band when it was due, and had lots of energy when performing. His songs were all good and the show went on for a long enough time that we had thankfully forgotten about the opening act. I recommend going to see him. Even if he does look like a geeky frat boy. His voice is very pure, rather like the lead singer out of Keane. He took the piss on one occasion and did an opera 30 seconds or so of one of his songs, hitting notes that no man should ever be able to get to. It was kind of scary, but very impressive at the same time.

Tomorrow is free ski night at Cypress, but I am probably going to be too busy to go there, which sucks. However, it was trying to snow here on Saturday, so the ski runs are going to be ace soon. Whistler has been open for a couple of weeks already. Let's hope I don't fall over as much as last year, eh Denise?

1 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

I saw that Whistler was already open and I was impressed. I think with a few more runs, you'll be a pro! I may just have to come out and do some more skiing this winter.
The sky managed to squeeze out a few flakes here today as well. Nothing stuck to the ground for very long, but there were some good moments of white out.
Anyways, you sound VERY BUSY. I hope you get all your stuff in. I may try for Coldplay tix again too, but only to see Richard Ashcroft play Bittersweet Symphony with them.

2:28 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats