margin:100px;

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

One year on

On this day in 2004 I flew into Vancouver, with two huge bags and a stuffed moose to keep me company. One year on and I am in a rented house with 7 other people to keep me company, but still have no job and no significant other. Come to think of it, there haven't really been any insignificant others either, except for one, who I haven't heard from for a while but who I invited to our Halloween party in a few weeks, because he's good eye candy ;o)

So today I went out and bought the biggest chocolate cake I could find to share with my housemates, and we just sat down to devour some of it. It was pretty much heaven. For $9 it didn't really match Gilles' $80 bottle of champagne that we drank last week to celebrate his first month here, but then I'm a cheapskate and I love chocolate, so what can I say. It went down just as well. I woke up this morning to find a cute note on my door wishing me "To find a job you like and a man you love" for the next year, and when someone rang me this evening I thought perhaps the former was coming true, but it was just someone about a volunteer position at the Canadian Music Awards. Which was good, since I get to work with some cool people and hear some good music, but paying me would have been even better! I went to a Latin Funk class and came back with grand plans to get drunk and be silly, but I can't actually be arsed to get drunk now as it's already 9pm. So I'll try and be silly without drink. I'll be interested to see where that goes.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first year, I think its a massive achievement.

All the best for the years that follow.

3:50 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks anonymous, whoever you are. Should I guess? :o)

5:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats