margin:100px;

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Back to basics

So I made it home in one piece, despite screaming children on the plane who shattered any illusions I had of sleep, a large number of airsick people (I've never had any on a flight before) and a pilot who needed 'L' plates on the landing. So far my stay here has not been all happiness and light, since my stomach seems to have reacted negatively to having good food and a change of water type, the weather leaves something to be desired, and I got an e-mail this morning telling me that I didn't get the job I wanted. However, I guess since I've been waiting for a decent job for the past year, I shouldn't be suprised that no-one wants to employ me. Still kind of galling though, since the place I was working at persuaded me to go for the job in the first place, which kind of implies that I should have had a good chance of getting it. I seriously don't understand the Canadian system.

Meanwhile, my housemate Jerome informs me that he has spent the last week sitting on a beach in Reunion, drinking beer and snorkelling with dolphins. 'Jealous' does not cover it.

Never mind. I am hoping that 2006 will be my year. My mother says this every year, but surely one year it has to actually come true? Because mothers never lie....

2 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

I'm glad to hear you made it through your hellish sounding flight as well. I was wondering how you were doing. I think things will perk up in a bit. It really doesn't feel too Christmasy yet this year, but I am glad to be on holiday now.
I am not sure the job thing should be blamed on Canada, but if it's about UBC than that explains the irrationality right there. UBC just sucks like that.

3:37 p.m.  
Blogger Reen said...

Glad to hear you made it home in one piece, even if that piece is a bit shaky (damn that good food, but I bet some shortbread and chocolate will make it all better). And don't worry, mothers never lie, except when they say you can have the last piece of bacon, plus you've still got the interview in January to look forward to, right?

Merry Christmas!

10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats