margin:100px;

Friday, January 28, 2005

Thespian, darling

Firstly, I am glad that this is the case! It's always good to have someone appreciate you...

I've been lazy today. I did plan to go jogging, but it just hasn't happened. I woke up this morning, checked the computer to see if I had been sent any work, didn't find any, and went back to bed. So that was the morning gone. I then did a bit of messenger chatting, went to the bank, and got back to find a message from a company I didn't recognise asking to ring them back. This I did, to find out that they were a film extras company, asking me to work on Monday. As a hippie.... which should be interesting for the people who will see me as I drive through Vancouver in character on Monday, looking like a throwback....

Ok, so this movie is about the show Mork and Mindy (us old people will remember it, but for those who don't, it was the thing that shot Robin Williams into tv), and the story behind it. I guess they need hippies for something or other. I get more details on Sunday, and tomorrow I have to go and raid the charity shop down the road for tie-dye items. When I told my Italian ex-boyfriend this he was shocked, asking, "But aren't those shops for people who really need the clothes?" I think he thought I was going to get handouts from some shelter or other, thus depriving a homeless person somewhere of some flares and a hawaiian shirt. Bless.

Having decided that this heralded the time when I really needed to bite the bullet and get a Canadian phone, I went to Fido, only to discover that T-mobile have cunningly locked my phone so I can't use it with another network. So tomorrow I will end up driving to Richmond to get the damn thing unlocked, paying $35 for the privilege, and then $25 to get a new SIM card. Thus scuppering my first pay cheque as an extra, probably! But it should be fun to be on a set, and it will give me something to do other than stare at these four walls. I think I'm only really doing extras work so that I can get onto the set of X-Men 3 in June and lust after Hugh Jackman, but hey, it's a job. For peanuts, and for one day only, but a job nonetheless. Which of course means money for future plane tickets to various parts of the globe. Hoorah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats