margin:100px;

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Been a while.....

So I guess I should post something, just to prove that I still exist. It's not really that nothing has been happening; more that when my life is going (relatively) smoothly I don't feel much inclination to blog, since it's all boring stuff which fills a day but which doesn't really make for good reading.

I've been carrying on working at UBC, which I'm enjoying, and I'm busy with trying to learn computer-type things and broaden my skills a bit. I saw Hot Hot Heat this week, and they were very good, although I got home at 2am and had to get up for work at 7am, so that kind of sucked. My parents booked a flight over here in September, which I am looking forward to, and I go to Boston for a week in May. My laptop died and was then resurrected. I got a bill for $1,425 from ICBC and had to pay it in one go, the day after my salary went into the bank. I replied to a post from a guy on craiglist and have been on four "dates" with him in the past two weeks - and here's to many more. I am not giving out further details on him, because I don't want to jinx anything. I shall just say that he is extremely nice, he drives a huge monster truck that I laugh at every time I see it, and strangely he seems to be very keen to see me again. Wonders will never cease.

Our hot tub is definitely being fixed in the next couple of weeks. In addition, Roger the Navy housemate and I have decided that we are going to attack the deck and the backyard this summer; sand the deck down and stain/varnish it, clear out the weeds and the crap in the garden and clean all the furniture. This is a large undertaking, since the garden is the size of a small country and the deck will need a good few days of work. But if I'm going to stay in this house, I need to spruce it up a bit.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

Good to hear that you're alive and well. It sounds like your enjoying life very much! I've missed reading your posts but I know it's only because you've got lots going on. Goodluck with your man! :)

2:04 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

You know, recalling that backyard of yours, I felt and still feel inclined to sand that deck down and varnish it too. It sounds like a really good plan. Your landlord should reimburse you in some way for the work... a break on rent for a month or something? I hope she will at least provide you with the varnish and sander.

9:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats