margin:100px;

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Sport, politics and music - what a combo

Today I added an example to my list of people I admire - a skater called Emmanuel Sandhu. It seems that he won the Skate Canada championships this past Sunday in Halifax, and having seen the way he skates, I'm not suprised. I mourn the fact that my other favourite, Elvis Stoijko, isn't skating any more (or maybe I just haven't seen him recently) but this kid dances like a pro. Anyone who can do a program to Justin Timberlake's "Like I love you" and pull it off deserves plaudits in my book.

For those of you who think I am mad - you should know that if any sport is on tv, I will watch it.

Anyone who hasn't seen the site, check out http://www.sorryeverybody.com. The non 'intellectually challenged' half of America is offering their apologies, in visual form, for the half who decided to vote for four more years of devastation. And a particular mention goes to Dan from Boston, who likes my boots, so check out his blogsite too.....

Denise and I are currently toying with the idea of getting on a plane and going to New York, just to hear John Mayer play a gig for 250 people. Tickets are only $25 for the gig, but the plane fare is of course another story.... I stayed up to check a website that offers $1 fares on Sundays last night, but sadly there was nothing to NY - so if anyone out there knows of a good site for cheap flights in Canada, or works for Air Canada/Westjet/US Air etc, let me know! Yes, we know this is a waste of money, but it could be our only chance to meet the man and get into his apartment.... John, if you're reading this (don't you have anything better to do?) two of your loyal fans would like to come and hear you play. Do you have a private jet perchance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats