margin:100px;

Thursday, December 23, 2004

A shameless plug

Today I have mostly been.........driving. This morning I drove to Granville Island to go to the public market there, after getting slightly confused around the 'no left turn' streets beforehand. It was absolutely heaving with people, but luckily I managed to fluke myself a parking space by going down a dead end street without knowing it just as someone was coming out. I spent a happy hour wandering round the market, buying fresh fruit and veg, nice cheese, ham, chocolate cake (oh yes), fish, pasta and other healthy stuff.

After coming back and scoffing a large chunk of the purhases, I then battled my way through more no-left-turn streets and one way systems to get to Stanley Park to see all the Christmas lights. A cheering, if slightly disappointing, visit, as I thought that the area covered by the lights would be bigger. Plus the little train that wends its way through the lights in the forest was completely booked up, so I just wandered around. I might go on the train after Christmas instead.

And so to the shameless plug. A marvellous friend from my gap year has set up a website telling you everything you want to know about sports results and fixtures in the UK. Sorry to those of you who aren't in the UK, and who therefore won't be bothered about this, but I have to plug the site anyway ;o)


So for all your sporting questions, check it out. It's at www.sportsstats.co.uk.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats