margin:100px;

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Start building the Ark

Today, the snow got washed away and the rains came. With a vengeance. It was raining all night, having started late yesterday, and so far we've had 10cm or so in the city. With another 6cm for tomorrow, and five days of 100% precipitation to come. Apparently people have been moaning about the snow - however, now people are moaning about the rain. It seems that Vancouver can't cope with any season very well. Pot holes are appearing in many of the major roads/bridges because they're not built to cope with the freeze/thaw/wet, and driving round here is lethal. Hopefully, being on our hill will mean that flooding is unlikely, but who can tell in this mad place.

Watching the Australian Open tennis today made me desperately want to go to Australia. I have always wanted to go there but have never really had the money or the guts to sit through the lengthy flight, and without knowing anyone there it would be a bit of a lonely voyage anyway. But then maybe I'm just pining for somewhere where it isn't raining the whole time.

Trying to work out my itinerary for England last night, I came to the conclusion that I should probably spend more time with my parents and less time roaming the country. For a number of reasons, many of them hard to reconcile in my mind. This is not to say that I don't want to spend a lot of time with my friends, but it's just that many of them have moved past the point they were at when I last saw them, and much as I would like some of them to go into reverse, it just ain't gonna happen.......so I should just use my time wisely, and not chase unrealistic half-chances. Sound logical? Well in that case I probably won't stick to it!

Just for a laugh, check out my hideous picture on the website of the King of Floors company, who I won the hockey tickets from. Thank goodness the guy took it from so far away that you can't really tell how bad I look. (I'm the one at the bottom, not the one with a family and kids, just to make that clear).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats