margin:100px;

Friday, January 14, 2005

A plug for Chemistry - of all things!

Yes, it's hard to believe, but I am encouraging people to do a Chemistry-type thing. For those who don't know, my father teaches Physical Chemistry at Oxford University in England, and he's doing a Chemistry show on Wednesday 2nd February at 6:30pm UK time. It was meant to be a (fairly) educational show for schools and teachers in the area, but he was inundated with requests for seats, and in the end they decided to show it on the Internet. So, on the day you can log onto the Oxford Uni Chem website and see the Chemistry show for yourself. I will post the link when I know it nearer the time. I know this will not get too many people excited, but my father does do good Chemistry shows.....once he gave my friend an asthma attack with a hydrogen balloon explosion demonstration, but we don't talk about such things any more.

After yesterday's exertions, today has been extremely lazy. This morning I played computer games, watched CSI, dossed about and generally made plans to exercise "later." This evening we ended up going out for dinner, so there was less of the exercise and more of the eating. Tomorrow there are plans for ice skating. There is certainly a winter theme going on here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats