margin:100px;

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Events around the globe

As you have perhaps seen from my last post, Ivan Noble passed away on Monday after losing his final battle with a brain tumour. My condolences to his family and his friends, and indeed my best wishes to everyone affected by serious illness in some way.

After a pretty crap morning, the rest of the day has been ok. I kind of half-resigned my job, but we'll see what they say in reply to my e-mail telling them this. Can you really resign from being self-employed? Anyway, now the need to find a decent job here is more pressing than ever. I idly perused the Boston job pages and was pained to see that there were loads of jobs I wanted to apply for. Pained because I really have to stay in Vancouver until September, as people are coming to see me over the summer and they can't really swap their flights to the opposite side of the land mass.... But I guess it's nice to know that if I want to get a job elsewhere, there seem to be some that are available. Shaw - I'm assuming you'll take me in and give me floor space! Otherwise I will have to sleep in someone else's car :o)

The film agency I registered with have work for me after I get back from England, though I don't know what. This isn't a full time job, though it is fun. I've been e-mailing various organisations and University departments to ask if I can affiliate myself with them so that I can get funding for the MS research I want to do, but again I have this problem with people not e-mailing back. Though I did send my resume to someone on the offchance, and they wrote back to ask if they could keep it on file. It was better than a straight no at least.

So my father is doing his chemistry show tomorrow. It starts at 6:30pm UK time, which is 1:30pm eastern time and 10:30am here. You can find the Oxford University Chemistry department website here. Click on the link towards the middle right of the page (the Oxford Chemistry Show) and find the live streaming webcast if you want to. It will last about 50 minutes.....and should be fairly entertaining! Please don't blame me if it's not though :o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 a.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

D'oh! I clicked on the delete button instead of the 'post comment' button. I suck! What I meant to write was that I appreciated the offer of floor space my dear, but was worried that with 144 ft for me, you would be left with approximately none.... xx

11:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats