margin:100px;

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I can't believe it's April

And the weather isn't doing much to make it spring-like here. The first day of spring was lovely, and everyone at UBC got all excited and put on their shorts. Since then we've had one or two nice days, and the rest have been rainy. But it's a decent temperature, so I should really stop compaining.

In my past few lunch hours at work I have been watching Storm The Wall in front of the student union, which consists of team or individual challenges involving 9 lengths in the pool, a 445 yard dash, a 3km cycle, a 1km run and then getting over a 12 foot wall without ropes or any other equipment. The team trials are mildly amusing, but the individual 'Super Iron Man' men's heats were very good, with hundreds of students gathered on the hill watching blokes hurling themselves at the wall. Sadly the guys I saw couldn't quite make it over, despite being inches from the top at every try. Apparently someone did it on Sunday by stripping naked - this allegedly gave them "more grip." I hate to think about how that worked....

This week I have also been swimming, helping Sunshine move house, trying to get through an 813 page book on Excel, going for dinner with Christie and her dad, cleaning my room and trying to fit in seeing Jay as well. I seriously need some sleep - I keep waking up at 6am for no reason, even though I'm going to bed at decent hours. I can't wait for Easter in two weeks' time, so that I can have a four day weekend.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have anything to say, but since I'm imagining something along the lines of 'oh, fine, bother me for weeks about not posting and then don't comment when I do, see if I care' emanating eastward, I'm finding something to say anyway. And this is it: count yourself lucky you get days off at Easter. Because here in the land of the faith-based Presidency, we don't.

1:23 p.m.  
Blogger Eternity said...

One more day of work to get through...

8:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats