margin:100px;

Friday, December 09, 2005

A moment of fitness - or madness?

Yesterday I signed up for the 2006 Vancouver half marathon, in a vain attempt to inspire myself to get fit and beat my miserable time of last year. And then I went to the Community centre and signed up for the two most different classes I could possibly find - Ryukyu Kobodo and International Style Ballroom Standard and Latin. One deals with nunchucks, clubs and short swords, and the other deals with floaty dresses. Neither of them are things that I would normally do, but I feel that a marshal art is needed in my life at the moment. And learning the tango or the foxtrot would just be fun. I'm sure everyone who reads this has done these sorts of things before, but I am obviously a late bloomer.

In other news, there may be jobs sighted on the horizon. Proper jobs. I shan't say any more for fear of jinxing myself, but I'll keep you all posted. Oh, and the other day on the way back from Sunshine's house a stone lept up and smashed itself against my windscreen, leaving a lovely bullet-shaped shatter mark. I am trying to ignore it and hope that my windscreen doesn't fall out, as I don't have the money to fix it.....

And in more news, I go home for Christmas in a week!!! :o)

3 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

You know, you can have cuts in your windshield glass repaired (filled) cheaply if the damage isn't too bad and it hasn't started spiderwebbing out from the point of impact. Once that happens though, I am afraid that you would have to replace the windshield. But seriously, you should look into getting it assessed ASAP before you leave for Christmas because drops in temperature can cause the glass to start the awful spiderweb process. And who knows when it's going to flash-snow in Vancouver again.

10:27 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just going to give the same advice as Denise.

According to my dad, ICBC covers it, if you go to an auto glass place that has a contract with them - apparently you just go in and sign some form and it's free. They just fill it in with silicone and you're good to go. As ICBC sees it, it saves them money in the long run to do it that way, so you win. :D

But yes, also as Denise says, do it quickly in this weather, or else you'll have to replace your whole windshield...

5:14 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Sadly a) I do not have comprehensive coverage, since my car is not worth it, and therefore it won't be free. It'll probably be about $50.
And also b) I don't have time to do it before I go home. The car is going in the garage over my time in England so it should be ok. When I get back I'll take it to an auto glass place and they can vacuum-silicone it.

5:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats