margin:100px;

Monday, December 27, 2004

Cash flow.....problems?

Today seems to have been a day of spending money unintentionally. Yesterday I went to the sales and bought some stuff for the house from Ikea (a couple of plates, four big bowls [50c each!], tea towels, a cushion) and splurged on a car stereo which I now have to take back as the guy in Future Shop lied about whether it could play mp3s. Having gone to take it back today, I discovered that they don't do returns until tomorrow, so came home with the same stereo, plus a jacket, a pair of hiking boots and a jumper. And then I saw an advert for the Vancouver marathon on the tv and stupidly decided that this is just what is needed to get me fit again, so I signed up for that, and dropped another $70. Now I know what my New Year's resolution is. I need to train!! I was too embarrassed to admit the possibility that I might take over 6 hours to complete the course and therefore be put in another start bracket, so I've committed to under that. I figure if I can run a 10k in an hour, I can do the marathon in under 6..... am I kidding myself? Oh, and I also need to get a job in the New Year to fund all my spending. I think I might just take the car stereo back and have done with it, since I don't really need a stereo system for a car that I only plan to have for a year anyway. I'll see how depressed I feel about spending money :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Ronsman said...

Well, I just read a comment that you posted on my webpage, and I'm always entrigued when someone I don't know visits my webpage. I just thought that I'd repay the favor and see what your page was like. So far...you are very interesting. :)

6:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats