margin:100px;

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Springtime in Vancouver

Since I am currently very slack at posting (I always am when I haven't got anything to moan about), I shall give a quick rundown of my movements over the past month, in the hope that this will somewhat make up for the lack of info that I have been giving out recently.

April heralded various events which I shall detail in chronological order: the acquiring of a bed for free, Christie's dad's birthday dinner, the spending of a weekend in Victoria with Sunshine , Gilles' birthday (a grand old 24!), some eventual cross-border shopping after being stuck in the border queue for three hours, the Easter weekend (bliss to have four days off), Easter dinner with my parents' friends, more dinners, the shower leaking into my wardrobe, a wedding lunch at work, the Stanley Cup playoffs starting, a fantastic day of skiing with Sunshine at Cypress on a boiling hot day, more dinners, final selection meetings at work to decide who gets into medicine, dinner with Mel, Sunshine's swap party, Franz Ferdinand and Death Cab for Cutie at the Pacific Colliseum, some work for SFU, Switchfoot at the Commodore Ballroom, enjoying the run of near 20 degree weather, and finally some spring cleaning.

And the madness isn't over yet. This weekend I have an all-day Emergency Social Services exercise on Saturday and am then looking at two one bedroom suites after finally getting pissed off with the state of our kitchen and the way it is kept. Jason is currently working 13 hour days to get some house foundations put in and we seem to spend most of our life being tired - but everything is good. I just booked two more lots of concert tickets for June (I drag Jason to Snow Patrol, he drags me to Eagles of Death Metal) and in two weeks I finally get to go and see Shaw in Boston (and Dan too, if you're around!!). Woohoo!!!

In an effort to be responsible and plan for the future I have opened a savings account and am sticking some money in every month in the hope that it will somehow procreate like bunnies and turn me into a millionaire overnight. Either this or it will slowly leech out my bank account without me realising. In any case, I get to pretend to be grown-up and think about mortages. Bleugh.

And that, as they say, is all, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats