margin:100px;

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Jazzing it up

While walking home the other day at night, I heard the strains of someone playing the piano in one of the houses. And I was suddenly reminded of my friend Romain, who I blogged about in November, and who used to play jazz in my halls in the first year. He was also the person with possibly the worst timing ever after myself, asking me out the day after someone else had beaten him to the same question. Ouch. Six years later, I still think that I handled that situation pretty badly, so if you ever read this Romain, sorry!!

Anyway, the anonymous piano playing person reminded me to e-mail Romain, which I duly did, asking what he was now up to. And then I decided to Google him, even though these two events should have been the other way around. It seems that he has been starting to make a name for himself in various jazz circles, and has been getting some good reviews. So in true 'plugging my friends' style, check out the latest CD to incorporate his piano/keyboard playing here, and when his website finally gets up and running, go see it here. Randomly, it's also the first site I've seen that has a phone number on it - could be good, could be a weirdo magnet........

If anyone else wants a plug, let me know!

I haven't got anything exciting to say about myself I'm afraid. I've been doing work for the past seven days (which I could have fitted into five days, if I was more organised) and seem to have just been paying bills a lot. I also found a flat I want, only it's a bit out of town and it's unfurnished. But you never know....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats