margin:100px;

Monday, July 31, 2006

The good, the bad and the free

The good: I've finally found a one-bedroom place of my own, and it's huge. I move in around three weeks from now. And I plan to go all posh style and convert the ex-pantry room into a walk-in closet, heh heh. Maybe not, but it's a nice thought.

The bad: the RCMP rang up earlier and offered me a 6 month admin job in Homicide, which I had to turn down because of my contract with UBC. Work seems to come in spurts or not at all.....

The also bad: http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notablecases/moussaoui/exhibits/ if you want to be depressed by the exhibits from the World Trade Centre trial against Moussaoui. I had to look - I'm in forensics.

The free: Have just made a foray out to grab free stuff from a back alley, posted on craigslist 15 blocks from me. I was too late for the bike, but I grabbed the free standing lamp and the table on wheels before the next car came around the corner :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Well done on the flat, hon. I'll mail you soon, with a potted account of my bizarre life. Trust me, bizarre is not the word, and I'm pretty much under orders not to blog it.

Much as I'd love to, I doubt I would anyway, as there's a fair chance that stuff may well go to court at some stage. All very odd.

2:20 a.m.  
Blogger Circe said...

I keep hearing about craiglist. Guess it's time to check that out...
:)

11:22 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats