margin:100px;

Friday, December 02, 2005

An aside

You know something? This blog was much more interesting when I was a depressive, jobless, basement-living newbie to Vancouver. There's something to be said for emotional rollercoasters.

Of course, this doesn't mean that I want to go back to being unemployed, depressed or dark-basement dwelling, but it would be nice to have something interesting happen once in a while....maybe whilst Christmas shopping tomorrow I will bump into a cute young millionaire in Sears. Or maybe not.

Workwise, I have a testing session at the RCMP in Surrey in a couple of weeks (then an interview in January) for a civilian position, and my current temporary employers want me to work for them permanently, which is nice to know. But whilst work is indeed useful for paying the rent and keeping me occupied, I would also like to have some personal life to speak of. My friend Sunshine is trying to get me to go speed dating with her, but I keep assuring her that I would rather eat my own feet, with ketchup. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy being single, dear readers, but I miss the butterflies of attraction fluttering round my stomach :o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

It's tempting, but I just can't bring myself to try and make a good impression in five minutes, or whatever it is. I'm more of a building up to good impressions over a period of time type girl.

11:21 p.m.  
Blogger D. said...

You can always dress slutty to get a message across quickly while speed dating. It may not be the message you want to convey, but it would definitely work.

8:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats